Children's of Alabama Homepage
KidsHealth for Teens KidsHealth for Kids KidsHealth for Parents
En Espaol












Job Code: 2850
Department: CV Anesthesia
Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Day shift
Hours: M-F, or as scheduled 6a-6p
Job Details:
  • Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
  • Alabama state licensure is required
  • Certification is required
  • Position Summary:
    Responsible for high quality safe pediatric anesthesia care provided at The Children's Hospital of Alabama, coordinate the orientation program for temporary and permanent employee additions to the CRNA staff, coordinate continuing education program, the continuing quality improvement program and JCAHO preparation for the department. The CRNA Educator position includes clinical responsibilities of the Staff Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (approximately 80%) with the Senior CRNA duties balancing the remainder (20%) of the workload.

    Position Requirements:

    • Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Alabama Board of Nursing
    • Certified by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
    • Graduation from an approved program of nurse anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor required
    • Three years experience required with pediatrics preferred
    • BCLS Instructor Certification
    • Basic Computer Skills

     

back to top



Copyright ©1996 - 2012 Children's of Alabama 1600 7th Ave. S. Birmingham, AL 35233 (205) 638 - 9100