- 1 - 2 years experience preferred
- Customer service skills are required
To be fully engaged in providing uncompromised safety, superior quality, memorable patient/customer experiences and financial stewardship service by providing friendly, rapid and accurate patient registration into Health Information System program. Complete all registration paperwork to meet hospital and regulatory requirements.
- High School diploma or GED with excellent customer service, keyboarding, and spelling skills required.
- Good knowledge of computers and excellent teamwork skills required. Medical terminology classes and some education in an insurance environment preferred.
- Must have the ability to sufficiently mobile to access multiple data sources that are physically separated and to gather that data so that the registration/pre-registration process can be completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be able to lift, twist and/or bend and load paper into message chart printers.
- Also must be capable of putting up weekly supplies required to maintain registration functions. Must have the ability to physically take patients to floor/ancillary departments via wheelchair in the absence of a patient's family or friends. Must have the ability and capacity to quickly, efficiently and accurately manipulate various keyboards, such as computers, calculators, copy machine, telephone, and FAX machines.
- Must be able to bend over to pick up tubes to send information to Nursing Stations. Must have the ability to evaluate problem situations and multiple alternative scenarios and come to independent conclusions on how to respond appropriately. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with patients, peers, superiors, and others on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and word usage. Must have the ability to think quickly and react professionally under pressure. Must have the ability to be sufficiently mobile to access other floors, ancillaries and other areas of registration. Must have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instructions. Must have the ability to respond and react to visual observation. Must have the ability to maneuver PC?s on carts to various locations of registration. Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to rapidly collect data from multiple sources and to distribute the end result to that process in an accurate and professional manner.