- JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Reports to:
- Chief Medical Officer/Executive Director
- Job Summary:
- MD/DO uses current evidence-based knowledge and skills to make sound, professional physical assessment/examinations; treatment/plans of care; and dispositions (e.g., physiologic, psychological, socioeconomic, cultural) of acute and chronically ill and injured patients. The practitioner monitors and evaluates the plan of care, and makes revisions as needed, or initiates consultations/referrals when appropriate. The practitioner provides patient care for pediatric through geriatric population.
- Other Requirements:
- Maintains unit-specific and hospital competencies, mandatory learning, and any clinical certifications required in accordance with the Staff Education and Training policy GA-057 and/or any other department requirements.
- FLSA Status:
- Populations Served/Patient Care Responsibilities
- The following apply to this position: - All Ages
Pediatric Hospitalist: they work 24 hour shifts in the newborn nursery, attend c/sections, assess patients in the emergency room, perform consultations and admit to the pediatric beds.
Duties of the Physician when serving as a Pediatric Hospitalist include, but are not limited to the following:
· Admitting patients
· Performing and or ordering diagnostics tests
· Completing daily and timely patients rounds based on patient needs
· Ordering appropriate consultations
· Prescribing medications
· Managing patient complications as they arise
· Communicating patient status as appropriate to the parent/guardian and the Primary Care Physician
· Communicating with and education the patient, patient family and members of the Patients Care Team
· Overseeing discharge planning
· Performing timely follow-up with the Primary Care Physician and patient, as necessary, soon after discharge.
CalvertHealth is an independent regional community hospital serving southern Maryland and the Peninsula of Calvert County. New construction includes a $51 –million project to build a new medical tower for private patient rooms and medical offices is scheduled for completion in 2020. Join the CalvertHealth medical community and know that you will be a partner in exceptional care.
Our primary service area is situated between the Chesapeake Bay to the east and the Patuxent River to the west and conveniently located just south of Washington, DC, Baltimore and Annapolis.
Contact: Michael Pavelik 410-414-4552| michael.pavelik@CalvertHealthMed.org