- JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Reports to:
- Chief Medical Officer/Executive Director
- Job Summary:
- MD/DO uses current evidence-based knowledge and skills to make sound, professional physical assessment/examinations; treatment/plans of care; and dispositions (e.g., physiologic, psychological, socioeconomic, cultural) of acute and chronically ill and injured patients. The practitioner monitors and evaluates the plan of care, and makes revisions as needed, or initiates consultations/referrals when appropriate. The practitioner provides patient care for pediatric through geriatric population.
- Other Requirements:
- Maintains unit-specific and hospital competencies, mandatory learning, and any clinical certifications required in accordance with the Staff Education and Training policy GA-057 and/or any other department requirements.
- FLSA Status:
- Populations Served/Patient Care Responsibilities
- The following apply to this position: - All Ages
PRINCIPLEDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meets the qualifications for membership and Active Staffprivileges stated within CalvertHealth Medical Center (CMHC) Medical StaffBylaws and maintain membership in good standing. Demonstrates special interestand knowledge in Cardiology.
2. Provides direct patient care medical management servicesin support of CHMC's strategic goals for the Cardiology Program.
3. Examines patients, initiate orders, performs and interprets diagnostictests to obtain information on medical condition, determine diagnosis andimplement appropriate treatment.
4. Understands and follows performance standards for hospital providers.
5. Monitors patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatmentsas necessary.
6. Communicates and coordinates with other Inpatient and Outpatientphysicians.
7. Works with hospital team (physicians, PA's, NP's and nurses) tomaximize efficiency and patient safety and satisfaction.
8. Coordinates and integrates medical care across CHMC service lines toensure alignment of resources with other CHMC departmentsand community agencies.
9. Participates in the continuous assessment and improvementof the quality of care provided in the Cardiology Program.
10. Works to resolve any medical/administrative issues onbehalf of the Cardiology Program, the medical staff and CHMC.
11. Attends CalvertHealth meetings as required and participate in any other committees as assigned by theHospital or Group.
12. Maintainssatisfactory, regular and predictable attendance by reporting to work asscheduled and keeping unscheduled absences to a minimum.
13. Maintains patientconfidentiality and follows CalvertHealth's Privacy and Security Policies.
14. Displays aconsistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professionalattitude.
15. Provides community and staff educational programs onCardiology Program initiatives as appropriate.
16. Performs duties according to CalvertHealth MedicalCenter's policies and procedures, and the established standards for Cardiology.
17. Able to provide the care needed as described in thedepartment's policies and procedures.
18. Performs otherduties as assigned.
CalvertHealth is an independent regional community hospitalserving southern Maryland and the Peninsula of Calvert County.
Contact: Michael Pavelik 410-414-4552| michael.pavelik@CalvertHealthMed.org