Maintains a clean, orderly environment on assigned unit, including making beds. Assists with resident/patient transport not requiring lifting or ambulation assistance. Performs duties in compliance with North Country's Customer Service Expectations.
· Must be able to read, write, and communicate the English language in an understandable manner.
· Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition.
· Previous work experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
· Must possess ability to work with patients/residents.
· Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients/residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
· Must be willing to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
· Must be able to relate information concerning a patient's/resident's condition.
· Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.