Job Summary: The Medical Assistant provides clinical and/or clerical support for the delivery of patient care in the physician office practice setting under the supervision of the Provider, Clinical Coordinator/Team Leader and/or Practice Manager in accordance with CMMF/department policies and procedures and operates within the American Association of Medical Assistants guidelines. The Medical Assistant communicates with the appropriate person (Provider, Clinical Coordinator, Team Leader, and/or Practice Manager) about changes in patient's status and results of diagnostic studies. The Medical Assistant maintains regulatory requirements.
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required.
Must have an Associates' Degree from an accredited School of medical assistance or a certificate in Medical Assisting or currently hold a valid certification two or more years of experience.
You must have one (1) of the following credentials or be eligible to obtain 1 (one) of the following credentials, based upon the credentialing organization's eligibility requirements, within 90 days of hire:
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – American Association of Medical Assistants
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – American Medical Technologists
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) – National Healthcareer Association
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) – National Center for Competency Testing
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – The American Registry of Medical Assistants
· National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) – National Association for Health Professionals
Skills: Basic computer knowledge.