Job Summary: The System Director of Risk Management is responsible for reviewing, directing, and managing the Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) risk management program, which provides a systematic multidisciplinary approach to the identification, prevention and minimization of events that represent risk exposure throughout the CMH System. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, managing medical malpractice and general liability claims, managing patient grievances, tracking the reporting system-wide risk event data, developing and conducting risk management assessments and related educational programs and collaborating with other departments to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies' risk management related mandates.
- Juris Doctor with a minimum of (5) years in healthcare risk management, multi-facility, experience preferred or equivalent system risk management experience
- Risk Management certification, clinical experience and litigation management exposure preferred
- Has established a high level of credibility among peers as a leader in the healthcare risk management field.
- A relationship builder who establishes trust quickly and easily across multiple constituencies peers, senior leadership, direct reposts, and medical staff.
- Strong communication and consultation skills: this individual must demonstrate superior communication skills, including, oral, and written, in a manner that is forthright, fact-based, and non-emotional
- Possesses the highest integrity and ethics, and is fair and balanced in all dealings. Can be courageous in taking on and challenging differing opinions.
- An executive presence and bearing that assures those interacting with this individual of competence and confidence in all dealings.
- A proactive verse reactive approach to facing challenges and taking on sensitive or controversial issues.