Job Summary: The Medical Assistant is responsible and accountable for the support of the delivery of patient care in the physician office setting. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills on behalf of Central Maine Vascular Associates. The Medical Assistant practices in accordance with CMVA's Clinical Policies and Procedures and operates within the American Association of Medical Assistants guidelines. The Medical Assistant promotes team work with staff, physicians, and personnel in other departments; and supports the values of CMVA. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the practice. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with the Clinical Coordinator, Team Leader, and/or Practice Manager about changes in patient's status, and results of diagnostic studies.
Requirements: Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required.
Must have an Associates' Degree from an accredited School of medical assistance or a certificate in Medical Assisting or currently hold a valid certification with two or more years of experience.
You must have one (1) of the following credentials or be eligible to obtain 1 (one) of the following credentials, based upon the credentialing organization's eligibility requirements, within 90 days of hire:
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – American Association of Medical Assistants
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – American Medical Technologists
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) – National Healthcareer Association
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) – National Center for Competency Testing
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – The American Registry of Medical Assistants
· National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) – National Association for Health Professionals
Skills; Basic computer knowledge.