High school diploma or equivalent is required
Customer service skills are required
Experience is preferred
Job Summary: The Clinical Medical Assistant is responsible and accountable for the delivery of patient care in the Specialty Clinic office setting. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills on behalf of Specialty Clinics at Rumford Hospital. Clinical Medical Assistant practices in accordance with Rumford Hospital's Clinical Policies and Procedures and operates within the American Association of Medical Assistants guidelines. The Clinical Medical Assistant promotes teamwork with staff, physicians, and personnel in other departments; and supports the values of Rumford Hospital. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the Specialty Clinics, provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with the providers about changes in patient's status, and results of diagnostic studies.
Requirements: Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required. Must have an Associates' Degree from of an accredited school of medical assistance or a certificate in Medical Assisting or currently hold a valid certification with two or more years of experience. You must have one (1) the following credentials or be eligible to obtain 1 (one) of the following credentials, based upon the credentialing organization's eligibility requirements, within 90 days of hire:
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – American Association of Medical Assistants
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – American Medical Technologists
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) – National Healthcareer Association
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) – National Center for Competency Testing
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – The American Registry of Medical Assistants
· National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) – National Association for Health Professionals
Skills: Basic Computer Skills.