High school diploma or equivalent is required
Customer service skills are required
Experience is preferred
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Patient Access Manager, the Patient Service Representative is responsible for the accurate pre-registration and registration activities in accordance with established hospital and departmental regulations, policies and procedures. This position is responsible and skilled for providing Patient Access coverage in the location(s) assigned. This job description addresses general requirements for the Patient Service Representative
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· One to three years relevant experience preferred, including knowledge of admitting and registration policies and procedures.
· Detailed knowledge of department locations and services based on locations provided at Central Maine Medical Center, Bridgton, Rumford
· Proficient skills with personal computers and word processing.
· Able to communicate effectively with professional staff, families and patients.
· Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
· Demonstrates a keen understanding of the significant patient safety implications of maintaining a unique patient identifier in the electronic medical record environment.
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.