The Nurse Manager for the Surgical Services department is a member of the leadership team. Surgical Services comprises the OR, PACU, ASU, and the PAT. The position is responsible for the organization, direction, management and evaluation of patient care and employee activities within the department. This leader will demonstrate excellent clinical skills, promote positive interdepartmental relationships, and model professional behavior. The use of effective communication strategies are necessary between employees, physicians, and others who interact with the Surgical Services department. This leader will also be a member of various committees and teams representing the department and promoting the organizations nursing philosophy.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Specialty Certification preferred
· BSN required, Masters degree in Nursing or Nursing administration preferred
· Current State Nursing Licensure in the state of Maine.
· 5 years clinical nursing experience with a minimum of 2 years nursing management experience.