Position Summary: The Manager, Financial Planning and Decision Support, oversees Financial Decision Support (DS). Develops and maintains analytical models, tools, and ad hoc analyses to support the organization's efforts to allocate resources and forecast future financial results. The manager will oversee the daily reporting of financial and statistical information for all hospitals as compared to budget. The manager will ensure integrity of the financial and statistical data by coordinating the effort to eliminate error in the system that feeds the database. Will manage preparation and coordinate the development of the annual CMHC operating budget as well as the 5 year operating and capital forecast. Will oversee data loading into the budgeting system for financial and statistical information integrity. Oversees patient level cost accounting, budget analysis and financial decision support reporting (market share analysis, cost accounting, budget variance, statistical reporting, external comparison and areas of financial risk). Works closely with Decision Support Team and the organization's Directors and Managers for potential benchmark analysis opportunities. The manager is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the CMHC Financial Decision Support strategic plan. The manager will conduct annual DS gap analysis, develop system functionality goals and track accomplishments. Ensures the data elements in the central database are populated to provide complete statistical and clinical/financial decision support options. Will oversee the development of procedures to audit data integrity, report "opportunities of improvement" to Director of Business Intelligence and VP of Finance and facilitate desired outcome. Will keep abreast of database feeder system changes and enhancements. The manager will ensure CMHC utilizes the maximum potential from the decision support functionality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Business or related field.
- Five to seven years of experience with database management.
- Experience with Decision Support systems, Revenue Cycle system functionality.
- Advanced user of databases, spreadsheets, graphics and statistical reporting.
- Experience with a Decision Support System and experience maintaining the system.
- Experience with staff supervision.
- Must have strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to promote effective collaboration and teamwork among individuals of multiple disciplines and across organizational boundaries.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible!