Job Summary: The patient safety attendant is an employee of Rumford Hospital. Under the supervision of an RN, the Patient safety attendant provides direct observation of a patient at risk for safety. The Patient safety attendant performs duties in accordance with performance standards established for the job and appropriate to the position. In addition, the Patient safety attendant conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of CMMF.
· Heart saver Certification preferred but not required.
· High School graduate or equivalent preferred but not required.
· The ability to communicate effectively and understand specific instructions is required.
· Knowledge of safe body mechanics and the environment of the hospital are required.
· Sufficient interpersonal skills to interact with staff and patients are required.