Job Summary: The Medical Assistant/LPN is responsible and accountable for the delivery of patient care in the physician office setting. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills on behalf of Central Maine Medical Family. The Medical Assistant/LPN practices in accordance with BHPG's Clinical Policies and Procedures and operates within the American Association of Medical Assistants guidelines. The Medical Assistant promotes teamwork with staff, physicians, and personnel in other departments; and supports the values of BHPG. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the practice. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with the providers about changes in patient's status, and results of diagnostic studies.
Requirements: Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required
Must have a current State of Maine LPN license
Must have an Associates' Degree from of an accredited school of medical assistance or a certificate in Medical Assisting or currently hold a valid certification, with two or more years of experience.
· You must have one (1) the following credentials or be eligible to obtain 1 (one) of the following credentials, based upon the credentialing organization's eligibility requirements, within 90 days of hire:
· Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – American Association of Medical Assistants
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – American Medical Technologists
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) – National Healthcareer Association
· National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) – National Center for Competency Testing
· Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) – The American Registry of Medical Assistants
· National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) – National Association for Health Professionals