Job Summary: The System Director for Respiratory Care Services, as part of the System-Wide hospital administrative team, assists with the organization, direction, management and evaluation of Respiratory Care Units to attain the hospital's objectives established by the governing authority. The System Director consults with staff, physicians, Department Directors and Nurse Executives on respiratory issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the system. Collaborates in formulating and adhering to the annual operating and capital budget. The Respiratory System Director is a Registered Respiratory Therapist who has demonstrated expertise in respiratory care practice. The Respiratory System Director is responsible and accountable for supporting the staff in the delivery of patient care, taking into account the biophysical, psycho social, environmental, self-care educational and discharge planning needs of the patient, family and/or significant other(s). Acts as a leader, innovator, and change agent in the pursuit of improving respiratory care practice, customer service, and in the delivery of quality patient care.
• Current State of Maine Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
• Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences or Equivalent required, Master's Degree preferred.
• Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS, PALS, and BLS Certification required.
• Minumum of 5 years Clinical, Supervisory and Management experience.