Under the direction of the Reimbursement Manager, the Senior Reimbursement Analyst is responsible for the reporting, analysis, and monitoring of third party reimbursements.
· Prepare and file Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports for Central Maine Healthcare hospitals as well as home office
· Work with Medicare auditors, Medicaid auditors, and other third parties to ensure that settlements are complete and accurate
· Prepare monthly adjusting entries for the contractual allowances and third party receivables and payables, and explain deductions from net revenue variances to budget
· Prepare budget for deductions from net revenue
· Identify, communicate, and assist with resolution of systemic issues causing incorrect reimbursement by maintaining and utilizing contract management software and other net revenue analysis by payer
· Complete Ad Hoc analysis assigned by the Reimbursement Manager
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance with at least five years' relevant experience.
· CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
· Analytical skills necessary to compile, summarize, and draw conclusions from financial and statistical data
· Knowledge of Medicare law and State of Maine law related to reimbursement
· Research skills necessary to interpret and draw conclusions from Medicare law, regulations, and published guidance
· Knowledge of personal computers and ability to learn different information systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.