Job Summary: The Director, as part of the hospital administrative team, assists with the organization, direction, management and evaluation of the Perioperative Services to attain the hospital's objectives established by the governing authority.
- Provides day-to-day/24 hour oversight, coordination and clinical leadership.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills, promotes interdepartmental relationships, models professional behavior uses effective communication strategies, acts as a role model for staff and contributes to meeting the mission and goals of CMMC and hospital values.
- Promotes the Nursing Philosophy of CMMC's nursing organization and the leadership philosophy of CMMC.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to design, implement, evaluate and/or adapt systems of care to achieve targeted clinical and fiscal outcomes.
- Applies a systematic process (e.g. nursing process) for program planning and resource allocation for populations of patients.
- Ensures that the physical environment on the patient care units promotes quality patient outcomes according to JCAHO and other regulatory agencies' requirements.
- Creates and maintains a culture of service excellence on each Periop patient unit.
- Promotes clinical excellence through applied clinical knowledge, leadership, and research utilization.
• Masters Degree in Nursing or Nursing Administration required.
• Current State Nursing Licensure in the state of Maine.
• Minimum of two years experience in patient care services.