Position Summary: Manages the process improvement program throughout Central Maine Healthcare (CMH). Uses Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, Clinical Microsystems, and other methods to support multidisciplinary and department-based process improvement initiatives to ensure alignment of efforts and progress toward desired outcomes. Guides teams to improve quality and safety, elevate customer satisfaction, increase efficiency, reduce costs, increase revenues, and enhance employee satisfaction. Consults with leaders and team members on process improvement principles and tools, change management, project management, leadership, problem solving, measurement of outcomes, and other topics. Serves as a member of the quality division leadership team to support the organization's strategic goals. Works with CMH leaders to create an exemplary organization committed to providing exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment, through the expertise, commitment, and compassion of our family of caregivers.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field of study. Graduate degree preferred
• A minimum of 7-10 years' experience as a process improvement facilitator (in hospital settings preferred).
• Black Belt certification in Six Sigma preferred.
• Proven experience using Lean and/or Clinical Microsystems
• Licensure as a clinician (physician, nurse, respiratory therapist, or the like) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
• Additional languages helpful.
• Solid experience and skill using process improvement theory, principles, and methodologies.
• Mastery of Lean and Six Sigma process improvement tools to the Black Belt level.
• Demonstrated experience setting quantifiable goals, data collection and analysis, and measuring results.
• Demonstrated use of strategic thinking and influence to facilitate organization change.
• Demonstrated ability to foster alignment between business objectives, talent development, and organization activities.
• Ability to develop and translate strategies and plans of action – sense of urgency.
• Strong change leadership skills, customer focus, and global and strategic thinking.
• Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking. Strong desire to improve service, relationships, processes and systems.
• Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment.
• Self-directed, process-oriented, strong business acumen, attention to detail, ability to drive consensus in decision making and problem solving.
• Ability to deliver multiple projects to completion using strong project management skills.
• Ability to interact with and guide all levels of employees.
• Ability to present to executive audiences.