Job Summary: The Manager for Medical Staff Services provides leadership, management and operational oversight of the medical staff functions for Central Maine Healthcare (CMH). The Manager works collaboratively with the Chiefs of Staff and the Medical Staff leadership of all regional hospitals to plan, organize, direct and coordinate all required programs and activities of the disparate medical staff in the region. The Manager assists leadership to ensure the full integration and consistent application of Medical Staff standards and processes across the CMH system. The Manager is responsible for directing, organizing, coordinating and managing the daily operations of the Medical Staff Offices as it relates to credentialing and privileging, bylaws, rules and regulations and committee processes for all CMH entities, in compliance with hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
Direct Reports: Medical Staff Coordinators and department administrative staff.
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years medical staff experience. Knowledge of hospital organizations, medical staff operations, policies, rules and regulations, regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Managerial experience, preferably in a medical staff services setting.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management certification; alternatively must possess experience in medical staff services and obtain certification within 2 years.
- Experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations
- Assertive and consistent in enforcing policies, bylaws, regulatory standards
- Works calmly and responds courteously when under pressure
- Thinks critically and works independently, organizes and prioritizes workload, manages multiple assignments
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, effectively communicates in English
- Has astute judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel.
- Knowledge of medical staff computer software is desirable.