The Intermediate BI Analyst position is an analytics and visualization role with a primary focus of working on tasks directed by priorities defined by the Director of Business Intelligence, which will provide key information to help improve our organizational outcomes, increase revenue capture and improve efficiencies to reduce cost. This position is fully proficient in applying established standards and he/she has the knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in the area of Business Analytics. He/she will work under the supervision of the Senior BI Analyst. This position requires strong competency in financial, business, quality, human resource and other analytical skills with a focus on performance metrics and will analyze complex data and transform to relevant information that helps lead transformational results. Preferred experience includes knowledge in healthcare operations or healthcare support and demonstrates skills in process improvements with at least five years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred).
• Uses analytic and subjective assessment skills to identify substantial performance improvement opportunities at the project level.
• Produces professional dashboards, reports, scorecards and other analytical tools with the highest quality and with well-documented assumptions.
• Proficient in analytical tools such as Tableau, R, Python and advanced Microsoft Excel.
• Provides support for inquiries or issues related to improvement. Researches, diagnoses and resolves problems and escalates when appropriate.
• Applies appropriate tests to analytical results to provide high-quality and accurate results.
• Facilitates gap analyses and transforming data into useful information.
• Uses appropriate tools and best practice to scour through large amounts of information to find the salient points.
• Identifies relevant patterns to inform operations and strategic planning.
• Builds quantitative models to provide scenarios to decision makers.
• Aids in the implementation and system support of business intelligence applications.
• Optimizes conversion of clinical/business objects from one state to another.
• Facilitates standardization and definition planning discussions in task forces and working groups.
• Provides support for inquiries or issues related to tools. May assist with research, diagnose and help resolve problems and escalate to Senior BI Analyst as needed
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years of experience in a relevant technical, analytical or statistics role