BLS certification required
Job Summary: The RN, Emergency Department provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians regarding changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
• Graduate of a school of nursing with at least 1 year Registered Nurse experience and prefer 1 year of emergency/critical care experience.
• Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required.
• ACLS certified within 3 months of hire.
• PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire.
• TNCC within one year of hire.
Skills: Basic computer knowledge. Proficient in interpreting EKG.