Job Summary: The Staff Accountant reports to the Manager of Accounting and works under the direction of the Senior Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the daily accounting functions and the month end closing. The Staff Accountant will review and analyze general ledger activity and related supporting reports. The position will prepare journal entries, reconciliation reports and various financial reports. The Staff Accountant will be assigned specific month end duties and will be responsible for the timely completion of all duties assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business related field required
- At least 4-5 years relevant experience
- Able to analyze the general ledger and the postings to the general ledger from the books of original entry
- Prepare and evaluate the journal entries, the reconciliation of the general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers, and the analyses of the general ledger accounts
- Prepare and evaluate the flow of the accounts and information to the financial statements and other required reports.
- Must be familiar with data processing procedures, reports, and systems to identify and correct problems with the general ledger and the related reporting.
- Must have experience in spreadsheets and Word; experience in PowerPoint would be helpful.
- Communication and providing good customer service is an important aspect of this position.
- The Staff Accountant is a member of a team of accountants that will be responsible for working together to achieve the goals of the Finance Department. Willingness to be a part of a team environment is required.
- Goal setting is performed under the direction of the Manager of Accounting.
- The Staff Accountant is expected to exercise judgment, initiative, and independent action in meeting the goals and objectives of the position and the team.
- The Staff Accountant must keep the Senior Accountants informed on the status of assigned responsibilities and projects.
Skills: Basic computer knowledge.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible!