The position of the Senior Financial Analyst, under minimal supervision, will manage specific assigned responsibilities as it relates to budgets, financial reporting, and financial planning. The position is responsible for supporting and assuring accurate preparation of operating budgets, serving as the financial consultant for operational departments and Service Lines, and assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial statement presentation. Along with the Manager, this position assists in the annual operating and capital budget process and ongoing variance and financial reporting.
• Uses analytic and subjective assessment skills to identify substantial performance improvement opportunities at the project level.
• Apply your professional financial, statistical and programmatic knowledge and analytical skills to a wide variety of analytic/financial initiatives.
• Translate outcomes into supporting analysis for fiscal impact forecasts, budgets, utilization and/or actual fiscal outcomes.
• Prepare forecasting models using multiple forecasting methods.
• Work both individually and as part of multi-discipline teams on projects varying in size and scope from short-term ad-hoc requests to long-term strategic initiatives while collaborating with other Departments within the organization.
• Collect and analyze financial, utilization, health care and quality data; preparing reports, analyses, and forecasts in support of clinical, operational and budgetary initiatives; and general ledger and transactional claims reconciliations.
• Works with Directors, Managers and Department Chiefs to identify and develop opportunities to enhance revenue and limit expenses through Results Management Initiatives.
• Develops performance tracking reports and works closely with Directors and Managers in the timely completion and distribution of such reports.
• Provides general financial and analytical support to Director of Business Intelligence, as needed
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change and management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Finance or Business Administration with a healthcare focus or similar education; Master's degree preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of progressive responsibility in the healthcare arena, and a proven ability with business plan development required.
• High integrity, honesty, objectivity, and exceptional relationship skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels are required.
• Outstanding oral communication and stage/presentation skills when dealing with all levels of the organization are essential.
• Other prerequisites include the ability to make informed decisions based upon an analysis of information and data, the capacity for constant learning and critical thinking, and a proven ability to effect positive changes in the healthcare environment.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible!