Job Summary: The HCC Program Coordinator, ACO is accountable for performing, coordinating and supervising the acitivies associated with Hierarchical condition category (HCC) and risk adjustment. Requires skills in the sequencing of diagnoses/procedures to optimize reimbursement. Ensure capture of all diagnosis classified under Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) that are applicable to Medicare Risk Adjustment reimbursement initiatives to close HCC gaps and add HCC codes not reported prior. Requires the ability to abstract clinical information from the patient record and identify clinical findings which suggest a need for clarification by the attending or consulting physician in order to accurately reflect the care and treatment/diagnosis of the patient.
• RHIT (associate degree) desired, CCS preferred.
• 2 or more years of previous HCC coding experience .
• Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with current ICD coding principles for acute care. Experience with acute rehab coding desired.
• Knowledge of E/M coding for physician services preferred.
• Ability to work with physicians in a collaborative manner.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages desired.
• Computer knowledge and on-line system experience preferred.