Job Summary: The Risk and Patient Advocate Analyst is responsible for insurance management to ensure that organizational insurance goals are met. The Risk and Patient Advocate Analyst mitigates and prevents risk associated with daily operations concerning product recalls, environmental safety, and disaster preparedness. The Risk and Patient Advocate Analyst assists Patient Advocates and Risk Manager with duties as delegated to triage patient complaints, grievances and risk events. Acts as resource person to department managers and medical staff, and conducts other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in health-related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of previous experience in health care
· Exhibits understanding of TJC, CMS and other regulatory body requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Computer knowledge.
- Word processing and database management proficiency strongly preferred
- Understanding of hospital risk and patient advocacy roles
- Independently motivated