BLS certification required
Experience is preferred
Job Summary: Faculty support College leadership and take responsibility for ensuring that academic and student affairs support its mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, framework, and program outcomes.
- A master's degree in nursing.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Maine or documentation of pursuit of a license to practice in Maine.
- Must have current American Heart Association healthcare provider BLS certification.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the practice of professional nursing preferably in the clinical area in which student clinical laboratory experiences will occur.
- Teaching experience in associate degree nursing education is preferred.
- Certification in specialty area desirable.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Membership in professional nursing organization(s) desirable.
- Faculty responsibilities include supervision/teaching students during their planned teaching/learning experiences in the classroom, campus laboratory and clinical laboratory. It is expected that they possess knowledge and demonstrate expertise in the teaching/learning process. Competency in assigned area of teaching is mandatory. Age specific competency is applicable.