The Manager of Patient Access provides leadership for the patient facing registration area under the direction of the Director of Patient Access. The Manager will ensure each new employee responsible for completing scheduling or registration functions has documented completion of all systems training prior to beginning duties requiring system access. The Manager is responsible to keep current with any changes impacting Access operations and to communicate them timely to all staff and leaders. This position will be expected to work collaboratively with other Access and Revenue Cycle leaders to ensure appropriate KPI development, monitoring, reporting and utilization for optimum performance levels. This position contributes to the financial strength, compliance and overall performance of Revenue Cycle operations by providing leadership to all staff working in registration. The Manager is responsible to collaboratively work with the Financial Clearance Manager to ensure collections are completed as expected at the time of service. The Manager of Patient Access serves in a key role to monitor and facilitate improvement in the overall quality, timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of the Registration processes (such as demographic information, accuracy of insurance, pre-registration, collections). Supervisor of Patient Access is responsible to actively participate in technology advances as they impact operations. Position ensures policies and procedures are upheld.
The position will provide overall support, coordination, and evaluation of Patient Access operations and will be specifically responsible for any of the following:
2. Financial Clearance – pre-service
3. Point of Service collections
4. Prior Authorizations
5. Data integrity – Auditing, tracking and trending key registration data elements requiring training and education by location
6. Denial/edit avoidance, mitigation and timely resolution – Participate in denial review to identify opportunity for improvement
It is critical that this position be highly effective in delivering the services described above and work harmoniously with leaders and staff across the organization. Effectiveness will be measured in terms of measurable results, commitment, staff engagement and customer satisfaction (at all levels).
Education and Experience:
1. Associate Degree preferred or Five (5) years progressive, relevant knowledge toward mastery in the field accepted in lieu of degree, and
2. Five (5) years of progressively responsible management level experience in a similar size and scope organization or system in Revenue Cycle.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible!