BLS certification required
The Adjunct Clinical Instructor assists with the clinical education of the student nurses in the Department of Nursing. Adjunct faculty are responsible for performing student clinical competency evaluations, conducting classes as directed in the clinical area, identifying student strengths and weaknesses and working with the clinical coordinator and students to provide optimal clinical education in the Department of Nursing. Adjunct faculty provide direct and indirect supervision of students, and serves as a resource person to students and staff. Participates in clinical all aspects of orientation. Faculty are tasked with creating effective student learning experiences that support student success.
• A Master's in nursing from an accredited university or college is preferred. Bachelors and associate degree applicants currently enrolled in Master's or Bachelor's programs will be considered.
• Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Maine or documentation of pursuit of a license to practice in Maine
• Current American Heart Association healthcare provider BLS certification
• Three (3) or more years of experience in the practice of professional nursing
• Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule (evenings and weekends may be required)
• Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program preferred
• Knowledge of educational technology
• Knowledge and understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
• Skills in effectively managing classes, including planning and student performance assessment