The Manager of Therapy Services is responsible for the therapy clinical operations and clinical practice (of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy) at Bridgton Hospital, Rumford Hospital, Turner Physical Therapy, Bethel Physical Therapy and Naples Physical Therapy. Responsibilities includes; the staffing of all services and the coordination of specific services including the intensity to meet programmatic needs, service responsiveness and compliant charge capture practices for all services delivered. Fosters engagement of best practice approaches for; patient and staff safety, an excellent patient experience, efficient team workflows, patient care outcomes and compliant documentation of the care provided. Provides oversight and support for the clinical supervisors in all locations and guides the whole team in understanding and using hospital data to help plan and manage day -to -day operations. Plans and prepares the capital and operating budgets for all services and manages variances to the budgets. Works with Therapy Leadership throughout CMHC to support integrated approaches to clinical care, promotion of services, outcomes monitoring and staff development.
Duties and Responsibility:
• Staffing and resource assignment to assure programming, clinical service offering, and productivity standards are met.
• Prepares the operating and capital budget for areas of responsibility.
• Screens applicants, interviews, recommends hiring of staff in collaboration with HR Business Partner.
• Ensures that clinical staff onboarding plan is organized, aligned with the Organization's standard, and that the establishment of staff competencies is deliberate and timely.
• Ensures that staff competencies are regularly assessed whenever the therapist's clinical focus changes.
• Collaborates with Therapy Services Leadership on key areas to support consistent operations; policies and procedures, electronic medical record content and workflows, resource sharing, and care standards and service development and growth.
• Ensures professional growth of the team through; identifying an individualized development plan for each therapist, engaging the team in servicing, course work, self -study, literature reviews, mentoring for skill development and networking with colleagues.
• Manages performance of team.
• Monitors regularly; revenues, expenses, productivity and service metrics and supports the planning and reporting of any variance action planning to the Director of the Service.
• Fosters effective collaboration and work practices with all clinical services / support services within the Hospitals and CMCA businesses to assure efficient, coordinated, effective care experiences for our patients.
• Fosters a healthy work environment for therapy team members; using best practice communication strategies, team building strategies and instilling an expectation of mutual respect in all work associated with the Therapy Services.
• Geographical visibility and availability for staff and the Hospital Senior Leadership to support communications and local campus planning and business growth.
• Monitors facilities and clinical practice to assure compliance with regulatory standards.
• Maintains the applicable clinical competencies to provide patient evaluations and treatments as service and staffing requires and meets all of the patient care related job responsibilities outlined in the applicable staff therapist job description.
Education and Experience:
• Appropriate entry level education for specific discipline;
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy (or education requirement for time of graduation from program)
- Master's in Occupational Therapy (or education requirement at time of graduation from program)
- Master's in Speech Pathology (or education requirement for time of graduation from program)
• Five or more years of clinical practice as a physical therapist, occupational therapist or a Speech
• Previous supervisory experience
• Maine License to practice as a PT, OT or Speech Language Pathologist. Clinical Competence Certificate if incumbent holds a license as a Speech Pathologist
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient Computer skills
• Able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.