Job Summary: Manages multiple projects concurrently and develops strategies to ensure project milestones are achieved. Position requires vendor analysis and selection, project proposal review, software and hardware integration, workflow redesign, and application implementations. Responsible for managing project scope and identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. Identify and manage and project dependencies and critical path. Effectively applies standard project management methodology. Follow change control process and effectively communicates any necessary/agreed to changes in the projects scope to the appropriate users, team members and stakeholders. Create and maintain project documentation including status reports, issues log, risk log, project work plan, communication plan, training material and project supporting documentation. Track and report on financial aspects of a project including resource hours, expenses and review project related invoices. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. The Project Manager II is responsible for vendor management and ensures projects deliverables are met.
- Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of hospital information services experience required, (10 or more) years preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years Project Management experience required
- Proficient in Project Management and Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated, independent and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible as appropriate in terms of work schedules, planning and carrying out projects tasks to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to deal with confrontation and change in a professional manner.
- Ability to collaborate with end users, vendors, IS and other resources to recommend and reach optimal solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to conceptualize and translate end user needs/process requirements into a computer based clinical application.
- Ability to work with multi disciplinary groups and facilitate productive meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with the user community as required.
- Able to utilize standard desktop applications, including MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, Visio and e-mail applications.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents.
- Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and develop project related reference material.
- Ability to create presentations.