It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Hours:||Weekdays/Rotating 8 Hr Shift|
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Medical Center is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education. We accomplish this through: •Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families. •Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally. •Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges.
The Clinical Pharmacist will perform medication order processing responsibilities within established policies, procedures and guidelines and provides drug information while applying a thorough understanding and knowledge of drug and medical therapy. This will be accomplished through the following activities:
• Interpret medication orders, profile orders, and oversee the packaging, labeling, and distribution of medications.
• Perform drug therapy monitoring and intervene when necessary in drug dosing, administration, interactions, side-effects, and monitoring issues.
• Perform therapeutic drug monitoring consultations and prepare adverse drug reaction reports.
• Provide accurate and timely drug information to physicians, nurses, and other health professionals.
• Manage and oversee the work of pharmacy technicians by directing them to ensure rapid medication order turn-around time.
• Interpret research medication orders, ensure accurate preparation of investigational drugs, and maintain complete and accurate records.
• Assist with the education, training, and general supervision of Pharmacy Residents, students, and technicians.
A Doctor of Pharmacy degree, one year pharmacy residency at a pediatric hospital or three years of experience as a hospital pharmacist, and eligibility for DC Pharmacy license is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
|Experience- Licensure and Certification:||
- 1-2 yrs experience
back to top