Surgical Services Operating Room Technician
This position functions as a member of the sterile team. Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for treatment.
- Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
- Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to Circulating RN and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
- Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
- Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Is fully responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning and processing of instruments.
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
BLS for healthcare providers required.
Operating Room Technician Certification is required.
Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room is required.