This position exists to provide for the protection and safety of all persons, assets and property on the hospital campus and the organizational complex. You must utilize good judgment in stressful and fast-paced situations. Have the ability to handle physically combative situation by using proper restraining techniques. The position is responsible for investigating crime. Responsible for recognizing all federal, state, and municipal laws, and enforcing all operating policies and procedures of the organization.
· Requires current; non-restricted Georgia Driver's License.
· Must not have a criminal record.
· Previous training in Tactical Baton; CPR; Crisis Intervention; and Report Writing are desired.
· Requires working knowledge of computers and various security monitoring systems.
· Requires ability to provide the security and safety of hospital house staff; employees; patients; visitors; etc. and hospital premises in completing routine and periodic rounds.
· Requires general departmental and hospital information in offering assistance and direction to visitors; etc.
· Requires a proper manner and attitudes when in constant contact with employees; house staff; patients; visitors; ambulance personnel; etc.; and occasional contact with local police and other law enforcement agencies.
· Requires ability to handle face-to-face confrontations that may require the execution of hospital and/or security procedures.