Reports To: President, Business Development Division/CFO
Department: Financial Services
Responsible for all activities associated with the Physician Division’s financial management. Serves as a strategic business partner creating a cross-functional partnership with finance and operations
- Financial Leadership – Provides strategic leadership for financial planning and reporting, budget management, and decision support activities. Ensures integrity of financial data; assists senior leadership with financial analysis profitability review, and business plan development.
- Financial Planning and Support – Provides support to management via monthly financial reports, daily productivity reporting, benchmarking, preparing pro formas, measuring success of implemented projects. Acts as liaison to other departments in the in organization. Ensures that financial data is clear and current and supportive of mission goals.
- Revenue Cycle – Oversees the onsite leadership of the revenue cycle partner (Accretive). Develops mutually-acceptable improvement goals and identifies areas for improving processes to achieve best practice results.
- Budget Management – Manages the completion of the operating budget and five year projections, including volumes and net revenue.
- Financial Analysis – Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget, including trending and variance analysis. Creates forward-looking financial models, interprets results, makes recommendations.
- Works with Department and Senior Leaders to establish operating and financial metrics; processes on updating and plans for follow up
- Acts as internal coach to other staff members in the development of their analytic capabilities.
- Performs other related or special duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the division.
· Masters degree in health care administration, health care finance, or health care economics, MBA or CPA designation.
· Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience, with 1-3 years in healthcare preferred. Management experience in physician office setting required.
· Evidence aptitude for the business of healthcare; understands how the organization works and role within it; actively works to impact functional, corporate, and ministry initiatives; organizes data/ensures quality of data gathered from multiple sources to produce reports or analyses with meaningful business impact; confident and credible in dealing with financial matters and detail.
· Excels in the ability to apply appropriate thinking styles and pertinent knowledge to the solutions of problems; applies technical expertise, common sense, measured reasoning, and experience in coming to conclusions and making recommendations.
· Demonstrates a familiarity/comfort in dealing with new and existing technologies; keeps abreast of new developments relative to healthcare economics and healthcare policy and the potential information technology solutions that will be required; seeks to learn new ways of gathering and reporting information in order to more effectively impact strategic issues and organizational outcomes.
· Models a deeply grounded spiritual life and nurtures the same in others; genuinely care about people, especially the poor and vulnerable; recognizes and understands the leadership is a call to serve others and that this service is a commitment to life; articulates a correspondence between personal values and the faith-based values of the organization.
· Uses highly developed analytical skills and knowledge of organizational strategy to provide data to support decision-making and to make decisions within parameters of authority; ensures that decision data are well substantiated and in accord with mission and values; is sought out by others for quality information and attention to detail.
· Effectively aligns resources to achieve goals; clearly articulates the links between individual and team responsibilities and business outcomes; draws out the best in providing encouragement, ongoing feedback, and coaching.