This position is responsible for the registration of inpatients and outpatients; verification of insurance coverage; collection of co-payments; processing of ED and UC records; and pre-certifies and meets physician referral requirements to ensure that optimum payment is made to the hospital and physicians. The Patient Access Representative will provide the services mentioned above to its customers, including but not limited to clinics and physicians, ED and UC clinical staff, patients and families, Managed Care Department, Health Information Management Department and the Patient Accounts Department.
This position will work primarily in ED for Patient Registration. Candidate must be willing to cross train to work in all areas of patient access-ED, Urgent Care Main Campus, Main lab, Out Patient Lab.
- High school graduate. Associates degree preferred.
- One year pre-registration, admitting, or customer service experience.
- Accounts receivable, billing, managed care, and computerized scheduling experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work and problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and retain complex and quickly changing information.
- Knowledge of the impact of managed care trends on hospital operations.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Able to function as a team member responsible for staffing operational hours.
- Ability to adapt to change positively in work flow and process.
- Keyboarding/typing/data entry skills.
- Successfully pass registration and data entry test.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting - Frequently (34-66%)
- Talking on phone/in person - Constantly (67-100%)
- Typing on a keyboard - Constantly (67-100%)
- Standing/walking - Frequently (34-66%)
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. - Occasionally (0-33%)