The GI department is a fast growing, busy multi-site center, recognized in the top 10 U.S. World & News Report quality facilities. This person will provide support for the GI clinic. Responsibilities include: Preparing patients for visits (vitals, data collection and entry into EMR) and discharging (providing instructions, information, educational material and supplies). Will assist or perform GI clinic procedures (including G-tube/NG tube change and care) and will administer injections as ordered.
This person will also provide support to GI off-site clinics as needed. Currently clinics are located in Westerville, Dublin, Mansfield, and Springfield. Opportunities to cross-train for other areas of GI may be available.
· Must be a graduate of an approved school of practical or vocational nursing. Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Ohio.
· One year of clinical pediatric experience highly preferred.
· Must have a positive attitude/team player; Motived to provide quality patient care; Ability to prioritize responsibilities; Strong Communication skills; Ability to multi-task; Commitment to quality customer service; and proficient in computer skills/typing.
· Must pass Pediatric Dosage Calculation Exam at 100% accuracy post offer and pre-hire.
Minimum Physical Requirements
1. Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
2. Must be able to independently lift up to 25lbs.
3. Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and /or equipment.