Conducts independent research studies and laboratory analysis in a specific area agreed upon in conjunction with a principal investigator. Sets up research experiments and arranges from subjects to be used in research experiments through appropriate hospital and research institute procedures. Collects and analyzes data in accordance with appropriate statistical procedures, and prepares reports, inclusive of graphs, tables, and photographs, of the results of studies. Collaborates and interacts with other researchers doing similar studies at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital and at other research institutions. Prepares position papers about research studies including information about difficulties encountered in setting up and conducting research studies. Assists in the preparation of scientific publications and grant proposals with regard to a specific area of research. Attends scientific conferences and gives scientific presentations. Serves as a resource person for other investigators and as a mentor to less experienced research personnel. Prepares budget proposals for supplies and equipment needed to conduct research. Monitors study expenditures to assure that budgetary constraints are followed. Performs miscellaneous related duties as required.
- Master of Science degree with one to two years of laboratory research experience or Bachelor of Science degree with two to three years of laboratory research experience.
- Must be able to use research methods in generating and collecting data and analyzing the data for report preparation.
- Must be able to develop complex position papers and reports, and help in preparation of research grant proposals and scientific publications.
- Must be computer literate.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 100% Kneeling / reaching
- 100% Finger dexterity
- 100% Talking / hearing / seeing
- 33% Lifting / carrying weight 0-20 pounds for 1-5 minutes