The Surgery Unit is a fast paced 49 bed unit that provides pre surgical care for children of all ages and select adults. The patient population consists of both same day surgery patients as well as patients that require post procedure admission. Nursing staff collaborate with the interdisciplinary Perioperative team to provide expert care for patients during their Perianesthesia encounter. The Surgery Unit also offers the opportunity for teaching patients and families upon admission to prepare them for their specific procedure and also at discharge to ensure understanding of post-procedure care.
· Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred, if Associates prepared MUST obtain BSN within 5 years of hire date;
· Current Ohio licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio;
· Must have ability to work Monday – Friday non-traditional D/E (typical 8 hour shifts range from 5:30a – 7:30p) with night call responsibility Sunday through Friday and holidays rotation with on call responsibilities (requires 45 minute response time); may occasionally be asked to work until 9:00p. There are no scheduled weekends or holidays.
· Prefer 3-5 years of pediatric experience; must have a minimum of one year of RN experience in an acute setting.
· Must possess strong pediatric assessment skills; sound judgment; and excellent customer service skills.
· Must have proven ability to successfully function as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
· Must be able to work with a diverse patient population
· Must pass Pediatric Dosage Calculation Exam at 100% post offer and pre-hire.
Minimum Physical Requirements
1. Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
2. Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs.
3. Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person.