Professionally and accurately translates for patients in verbal and written communications for all branch campuses. Assists all patients through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator.
1. Interprets oral and written medical information at the direction of the practitioner. Interprets for all support personnel, provides patient education and assists with triage for patient care via the practitioner.
2. Adheres to department patient handling performance standards.
3. Greets patients and clinical staff and introduces self via video interpreting and/or over the telephone.
4. Returns phone calls to patients as directed by the practitioner and support staff.
5. Cares for patients via telephone by accurately taking care of scheduling, rescheduling, cancelling and confirming appointments and sending complete and concise Telephone Encounter on patient's behalf when needed.
6. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines and remains professional at all times.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
a. High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
b. Previous experience as interpreter/translator in medical office setting.
c. Medical terminology
d. Ability to relate effectively with co-workers, the physicians, and staff and function as part of a team.
e. Ability to relate effectively to patients, guests, and the general public.
f. Ability to work efficiently amidst on-going distractions.
g. Ability to communicate effectively in written form.
h. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
i. Pleasant phone manner.
j. Attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
k. Ability to respond calmly in an emergency situation.
l. Ability to use judgment and make decisions.
m. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
n. Ability to perform work against deadlines.
o. Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
p. Ability to instruct and train others.
a. DSHS Certification.