OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under direct guidance from the Telecom Manager this position is a member of a Telecommunications support team responsible for coordinating, implementing, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting the enterprise structured wiring infrastructure. We are looking to hire a dependable, professional, hardworking installer who can bring a positive attitude to work with them every day.
1. High School Diploma (or equivalent), Associates Degree preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience installing, labeling, documenting, and certifying structured cable installations; or 5+ years general IT or Telecomm experience with 2+ years of structured cabling experience.
3. Entry-level Project and/or Construction Management expertise.
4. Experience with: TCP/IP; routers/switches and wireless.
5. Previous work in a healthcare environment preferred.
Preferred: BICSI and/or SCTE and/or CompTIA (Network+) Certified
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Capable of installing support structures (J-hooks, support rings, cable slings and cable tray / ladder rack).
2. Work from ladders and lifts.
3. Read and comprehend technical schematics and technical drawings.
4. Assure Life Safety and Infection Control measures are properly used and maintained when appropriate.
5. Proper use and care of electronic test equipment and tools associated with the trade.
6. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Meet schedules and timelines.
8. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
9. Provide superior service, communicating clearly with IT and Clinical staff.
10. Discuss technical issues at differing levels of understanding.
11. Have a flexible schedule and travel to campuses within Confluence Healthcare System.
12. Work independently and in a team environment.
13. Handle multiple tasks at one time.
14. Be professional, calm and collected, even in the face of serious adversity.
15. Provide guidance and mentorship to others.
16. Excellent troubleshooting skills.