***Please note: this is a Full Time Temporary position***
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Processes requests for release of medical information, review medical records for completeness, accuracy and timeliness, scan and index records into EHR and provide any other support function within HIM.
1. Process all properly authorized requests for medical information within Department specified time frame.
2. Write letters of explanation/requests for more information in order to expedite processing.
3. Process incoming mail.
4. Work independently, plan and organize workload, complete job functions in timely manner.
5. Prepare and send invoices for all billable requests.
6. Post payments.
7. Generate aged trial balance reports.
8. Identify all past due accounts from computer reports.
9. Contact past due accounts and establishes payment schedule.
10. Become expert with the rules, regulations and laws governing release of medical information.
11. Answers telephone and responds to caller's needs.
12. Performs quality audits on patient charts.
13. Verify dates of service using clinic's computer systems.
14. Adheres to departmental patient care performance standards.
15. Sort, scan and index paper records into EHR.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other job functions that may be deemed necessary.