Responsible for overseeing installed applications of the Epic electronic health record system (EHR). Accountable for all aspects of planning, staffing, training, managing and budget monitoring for the Epic support team. Works closely with senior leaders to carry out the implementation projects in support of our Epic multiple year strategy. Acts as the primary liaison between key legacy system staff, operational leadership and the end-user community. Coordinates project managers and IT leaders to ensure excellent support of our Epic EHR.
1. Oversee the Epic related projects and activities at an enterprise level.
2. Oversee the day to day support of current Epic EHR in the organization and current support team staff. Ensure timely resolution of issues related to current Epic System.
3. Using governance groups, prioritize and oversee the successful implementation of various optimization projects/functionality.
4. Coordinate with other IT Directors & Managers to ensure that planning for the Enterprise, Ambulatory and Revenue Cycle applications are aligned. Ensure best practices are in place.
5. Coordinate all project activities: Software and hardware, business and IT related tasks, and internal communications and change management.
6. Coordinate the Organizations' overall needs with Vendor EHR implementation Coordinator.
7. Oversee and guide the development of internal and external training programs to ensure the new personnel are oriented to departmental procedure and those personnel within the department unit are informed concerning changing information systems technologies.
8. Monitor the analysis of operational and end user department workflows, interfaces, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with EHR software as they relate to the systems design and build decisions. Including design input for EHR systems.
9. Maintain liaison with identified EHR resources, professional organizations and information systems management with similar organizations to ensure utilization of current principles, techniques and policies.
10. Ensure alignment of systems design and services throughout the continuum of care and revenue cycle.
11. Ensure that teams hold development and production support meetings, reviews and design sessions with internal and EHR teams to support projects.
12. Coordinate development and production support meetings, reviews and design sessions with internal and EHR teams to support project development.
13. Understand, implement, and measure a goal-setting for the EHR project and for other initiatives.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· Bachelor's degree with six years of relevant leadership experience.
· Current Confluence Health employees may substitute a Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of relevant leadership experience with CHVS Leader certification.
· Requires ten years of progressive IT experience, which includes six years of experience in leadership/management.
· Experience leading large teams of individuals and the ability to manage staff effectively.
· Implementation experience leading clinical projects in medium to large Healthcare environment.
· Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
· A Master's degree in computer science, mathematics, healthcare, or computer-related field.