***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
The Clinical Development Specialist is responsible for the development of clinical content, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness. The CDS works collaboratively to provide orientation, on-going training, and implementation of new clinical programs and activities for the CH workforce. The CDS delivers education programs across the Service Lines of the CH hospitals and clinics through instructor led classes to development of on-line content.
1. Develop clinical content utilizing evidenced based practice.
2. Create, coordinate, and deliver large training initiatives.
3. Employ strategies and techniques to promote a positive learning environment.
4. Possess current knowledge and competency with basic patient care equipment, and clinical skills.
5. Work collaboratively with instructors, unit based educators, and leadership.
6. Maintain flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities.
7. Ensure educational programs are congruent with CH goals, initiatives, and regulatory requirements
8. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
9. Use principles from theories of adult learning, organizational development, system change, and quality improvement.
10. Differentiate educational problems from system problems through gap analysis.
11. Adjust content and teaching strategies based on learners' reaction or educational needs.
12. Determines and revises priorities for scheduled and unscheduled educational activities.
· Recent experience in acute/outpatient clinical setting.
· Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider.
· RN Licensure in WA State required.
· Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
· Previous experience as educator.
· Recent acute care experience.