***Please note: internal applicants only***
Assists Director of Epic Program providing leadership and management of the Business Applications team and related projects. Leads major system implementations and manages the on-going maintenance of related systems. Works with members of the IT department as well as operational leadership in planning and execution of projects and day to day functionality and stability of the Epic system.
1. Works with the Business Applications Supervisor to coordinate the projects assigned to the team and ensures deadlines are met. Determines priorities, assigns tasks, monitors progress and follow up to ensure efficiency.
2. Serves as a mentor and coach to the Business Applications Supervisor. Assists the supervisor and team members in setting team members' professional development and performance goals.
3. Assists in troubleshooting, as needed, with team members.
4. Ensures excellent customer service is provided.
5. Approves and maintains vacation schedules assuring that staffing is appropriate at all times.
6. Select qualified and competent employees; provide orientation and continuing education and development.
7. Provides performance management including disciplinary action, in conjunction with the Business Applications Supervisor, as needed, for employees as well as documentation of all discussions following organization guidelines.
8. Assures staff is in compliance with policies and procedures.
9. Communicate Confluence Health's vision and priorities and facilitate development of team and individual goals in alignment with organization goals.
10. Empower staff to make decisions by providing information and tools
11. Serve as an effective role model of Confluence Health's Values and encourage staff to develop and demonstrate those values.
12. Establish performance expectations and provide coaching to achieve positive results. Recognize effective performance, and address performance needing improvement in an honest and timely manner.
13. Performs yearly performance evaluations for assigned staff.
14. Develops and manages budget and costs.
15. Keeps Director of Applications up-to-date on all issues and achievements.
16. Read and analyze incoming correspondence to determine action needed.
17. Compose correspondence and reports.
18. Attend, prepare and distribute agenda and minutes for meetings and committees.
19. Provide prompt, professional responses to requests.
20. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in the Hospital and Clinics, vendors and agents, and others.
21. Demonstrates effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, stakeholders, other department employees and vendors.
22. Follow the policies, procedures, and practices outlined in the Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policies. Report any business practice/compliance concerns according to organization policy.
23. Maintain current knowledge or regulatory issues and practices related to area of expertise and to lead change when needed to ensure compliance.
24. Provides project coordination and tracking. Maintains project assignments, priorities, responsibilities and tracks project progress monitoring time lines and risk, mitigation plans and manage customer expectations. Monitors expenditures and reconciles discrepancies to budget and schedule. Maintains project files. Develops basic process maps.
25. Proactively identifies and communicates project deliverables, milestones, tasks, resources and contingency plans. Communicates major issues promptly to management, staff, and affected customer(s). Produces weekly/monthly status reports and maintains project dashboards.
26. Staffs and manages a project to ensure that the project deliverables are complete. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, setting clear objectives, measuring and monitoring progress and results, and coaching project staff in project related skills and methodologies.
27. Identifies, documents and monitors metrics for project performance; compiles, and manages to the data, and notifies stakeholders of problems/issues affecting timelines and resources.
28. Serves as a department liaison and principal contact for project-related activity. Provides organization with information necessary to enable informed business decisions.
29. Monitors satisfaction to ensure that the project meets organizational requirements. Researches best practices, selecting and recommending appropriate and technological application for project use. Consults and provides recommendations to customers, staff, and management on PM Methodology.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Updates safety skills on an annual basis.
- Understands and complies with Confluence Health safety procedures, including codes and evacuation procedures.
- Complies with department standards pertaining to attendance.
- 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of experience or working knowledge of IT functions.
- A Bachelor's degree and 2 years relevant leadership experience.
- A current Confluence Health employee may substitute a Bachelor's degree with an Associate's degree, with 6 years of relevant experience, 2 of which must be leadership, and completion of BS within 2 years of hire; OR LEAD completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of integrity and personal ethics and morals.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to track a significant volume of information.
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
- Ability to remain pleasant and professional with others and display and cooperative attitude as well as being assertive when appropriate.
- Ability to reason and think logically to solve problems.
- Must maintain primary residence in Confluence Health service area.
- Master's degree.
- Epic implementation experience.
- Hospital and Ambulatory business office knowledge/experience.
- One or more Epic certifications in PB, HB, Claims, Cadence, HIM or Prelude/ADT.