***Please note: internal applicants only***
Coordinate operations and workflow throughout the Coding Department, ensuring quality performance of business functions; includes being liaison for Compliance and clinical staff, system enhancements, statistical information/reports. Provide on-going training, problem-solving assistance, and support to personnel.
1. Facilitates workflow to maintain manageable workloads for team members and charge processing goals are attained.
2. Assists with training, coaching, and supervising employees engaged in the day-to-day operations of the Coding department of the Business Office. Ensures employees follow departmental and organizational policies and guidelines.
3. Performs regular coding audits. Works with appropriate team members to provide remedial training as warranted for coding and in the practice management systems.
4. Develops new department procedures and workflows as required to ensure maximum department efficiency.
5. Assists in the selection, hiring, and orientation of new department employees.
6. Assists with the development of departmental and individual staff goals and strategies to attain such goals.
7. Codes charges as necessary; applies knowledge of coding rules, verifies the proper use of the following items, and makes appropriate corrections:
· Payor specific billing guidelines
· ICD-10 diagnosis codes
· Multiple surgery guidelines
· CPT4 E&M and procedure codes
· DMERC guidelines
· HCPCS codes
· Rural Health guidelines
· CCI edits
8. Effectively uses software and/or coding books to verify coding accuracy.
9. Responsible to stay current with billing guidelines and reimbursement rules and regulations.
10. Provides feedback to providers regarding incorrect coding using authorized methods as dictated by department policy.
11. Works directly with Compliance Department staff and clinical managers/staff to resolve coding issues and billing related problems.
12. Actively participates with Epic module conversions/upgrades as they affect coding and billing requirements.
13. Participates in and/or chairs workgroups or committees as needed or requested.
14. Participates in educational activities as requested (e.g., attending meetings with clinical staff, seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.).
15. May be requested to perform job tasks not specifically related to primary assignments for the success of the organization as requested by management.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· American Academy of Professional Coders certification [AAPC].
· Proficient in the performance of basic math functions.
· Possesses basic computer (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing) skills.
· Must be a team player.
· Maintains a positive, resourceful attitude toward achieving overall department and clinic goals.
· Medical terminology and insurance billing.
· Epic System knowledge.
· Encoder Pro knowledge.
· CHVS Certification or willing to obtain.
· Leadership skills.