Under the direction of and in collaboration with Department Director, this position is responsible for providing leadership in the design, development and delivery of relevant, high-quality educational programs, including assessing, planning, implementation, delivery, and evaluation. Ensures that education is based on sound educational standards; ensures that education meets business goals and regulatory requirements. Supports professional growth by providing continuing education, career advancement opportunities and role support, and other various professional development activities. Directs the work of designated department staff and oversees the management of personnel, including hiring, orientation, performance management, and staff development.
1. Develops and delivers high quality, cost effective educational programs with content that is evidence based, follows standards of care and practice, and is in alignment with Confluence Health policies and procedures.
2. Provides oversight of training programs and activities and coordinates training efforts to meet organizational and regulatory demand.
3. Applies effective instructional design techniques and strategies and delivers content based on that design.
4. Bases curriculum development on the results of ongoing needs assessments of practitioners, stakeholders, regulators, and system-wide needs.
5. Develops a planned calendar of programs with defined goals and objectives for learning activities.
6. Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of programs, activities, and materials.
7. Actively pursues new developments in education methodology and participates in activities that contribute to professional growth and development.
8. Participates in and leads hospital, regional and national committees/councils that have impact on nursing practice or professional development.
9. Ensures competency is maintained for clinical staff through continuous monitoring, assessment, and development in tandem with leadership, subject matter experts, training staff, and community partnerships.
10. Demonstrates a high level of ethics in information management, problem solving and decision-making.
11. Manage multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing deadlines and tracking program development life cycles.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Internal Applicants: Associate's degree with 6 years of relevant experience, 2 of which must be leadership, and completion of BS within 2 years of hire; OR LEAD completion.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant leadership experience.
- RN license in the state of Washington or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
- Masters with emphasis on Healthcare or Education.
- Experience nursing competency development strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing a clinical education department.
- Epic EMR experience.