***Please note: internal department applicants only and this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
Responsible for organizing and directing available staff within the nursing patient care departments to meet the needs of each individual unit per the staffing clerk job description. Employee must be able to function in a close collaborative, professional working relationship with Charge Nurses, Directors, Clinical Managers, Transfer Center Coordinators and House Supervisors. Staff also provides basic nursing care to patients in the dialysis area when it is open and assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment per the CNA Inpatient job description and scope of practice.
1. Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance to Confluence Health Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance.
2. Provides prompt high level of customer service in all communication and interactions.
3. Generates and distributes accurate and timely Daily Staffing Reports for each staffing decision point in collaboration with charge nurses, House Supervisors, nursing leadership and Transfer Center Coordinators. Updates daily staffing report to accurately reflect any changes that occurred throughout the decision point.
4. Anticipates and continually evaluates potential needs based on unit census, patient acuity and skill mix across the facility. Actively seeks and coordinates resources to meet upcoming staffing decision points.
5. Maintains accurate and timely schedule data entry per staffing office procedures and as requested.
6. Communicates with the Directors, Clinical Managers, House Supervisors, and Charge Nurses to enhance the problem-solving process and quality of staffing decisions.
7. Reports variances, trends, and observations to management for follow-up
8. Collaborates with Employee health regarding employee illness trends and return to work issues. Actively seeks and coordinates resources to assist with correct staffing levels.
9. Maintains a working knowledge of the electronic staffing software, able to produce reports as requested by management.
10. Able to provide care to patients in the dialysis when requested. Maintains a working knowledge of policies, procedures and practices of this area. See CNA job description for specific functions.
11. Maintains working knowledge and adheres to all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines for Confluence Health including attendance and tardiness standards.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skill, and Competency Expectations:
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Knowledge-- Possesses and maintains a working knowledge and/or experience in staffing guidelines, procedures, processes and union contracts to ensure accurate use of staffing resources. Possesses knowledge and/or experience of patient care procedures and processes to provide holistic quality care.
Skill-- Exhibits excellent time management, prioritization, problem solving, and organizational skills. Processes functional technical skills such as computer navigation, use of phone system and office equipment. Demonstrates excellent communication and listening skills with all staff. Demonstrates excellent communication and listening skills.
Ability-- Self-directed, highly motivated with high focus on positive staff and customer relationships. Maintains a calm and positive attitude. Exhibits flexibility in assignments and requested tasks. Highly compassionate with strong ethical values, integrity and trust. Reliable and ensures tasks are completed in a timely manner, active in assisting others with tasks without direction. Demonstrates good judgment and presents self in a professional manner. Able to function within the electronic staffing software.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program and:
a) Has a High School Diploma or GED.
b) Has a current WA certified CNA license.
c) Eligible to obtain Medical Assistant: Registered certification where applicable, application is completed during the hiring process.
- General office skills including, typing, filing, telephone skills, and accurate data entry skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of hospital setting, patient flow and/or staffing duties.
- Background and/or education in use of computerized software systems.
- Experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant.