***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
Answers telephone, schedules procedures and performs a variety of clerical duties.
1. Exhibit excellent customer service skills.
2. Uses telephone, FAX machines, computers, printers, copiers, label printers and a laminator.
3. Schedules diagnostic imaging exams while explaining any prep and making arrangements for labs if needed for the exam.
4. Prescreens patients for MRI procedures. Obtain implant reports and supply lists for patients with implants that are scheduled for an OP MRI scan.
5. Prescreen for CT contrast injections and any procedure involving an injection or aspiration.
6. Interacts with Radiologists, Cardiologists, and staff members to get procedure protocols and special instructions for patients with contraindications.
7. Obtains proper ICD 10 and CPT codes to assure proper billing.
8. Be proficient in all EMR and electronic image management systems PACS systems with high degree of accuracy.
9. Assists technologists, physicians, and radiologists with EMR and electronic image management systems (PACS).
10. Work collaboratively with Patient Access, Pre-op, Surgery, and other departments as needed.
11. Gather, collect, and create documentation for Pre-op procedures.
12. Participate in the Quality Improvement Programs.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computers, accurate keyboarding skills, email communication and password management.
- Attention to detail, numerical accuracy, completeness of work, and typing/keyboarding proficiency.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Washington State Medical Assistant Registration.
- Previous clerical or office experience in an imaging or medical setting.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- BLS Certification.