***Position located in Omak, WA***
Pharmacy technicians are persons who are skilled or trained in the practical, technical and distributive aspects of pharmacy practice. Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in the routine, day to day functions of pharmacy practice. Through the performance of these tasks and through collaboration with pharmacists, technicians allow pharmacists to engage in patient care activities that ultimately improve the quality of patient care. Technicians are supervised by licensed pharmacists who verify the accuracy of their job performance. Pharmacy assistants are trained in all areas of the pharmacy under the direct supervision of a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist to transition to a Pharmacy Technician status within the institution.
- The open position is located in Omak, WA.
- Hours – Monday through Friday, approximately 800-430.
- Fridays will involve travel to the Wenatchee or Moses Lake sites.
- All training for the position will be located in Wenatchee, WA.
1. Prepares Intravenous (IV) admixtures and piggyback (PB) syringes.
2. IV admixture will consist of chemotherapy/hazardous drugs as well as non-hazardous.
3. Pharmacy technicians must demonstrate competency in the principles and practice of sterile technique and IV admixture consistent with the standards set for in the United States Pharmacopeia Chapter 797 (USP 797).
4. Operate under telepharmacy supervision.
5. Fills narcotic requisitions and correctly documents all narcotic transactions in the NarcStation computer.
6. Adheres to all policy and procedures related to narcotic documentation, distribution and record keeping.
7. Fills floorstock/AcuDose cabinets, requisitions and other order requests.
8. Restocks patient care area supplies.
9. Compounds non-sterile stock preparations according to established policies and procedures.
10. Performs activities and responsibilities related to the automated pharmacy distribution system including:
· automated cart fill
· first dose distribution
11. Performs hourly deliveries and as needed deliveries of medications to the patient care areas in a timely manner.
12. Assists in ordering pharmaceuticals, supplies and special orders on a routine and emergency basis.
13. Assists in inventory control.
14. Assists in checking in freight and stocking shelves.
15. Assists in performing monthly checks for outdated medications.
16. Repackages bulk medications into unit dose packages to assist in the delivery and accuracy of patient medications.
17. Assists in organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
18. Performs other activities/responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the pharmacy department.
19. Attends meetings as required.
20. Answers the telephone, door, and pharmacy window in a courteous and timely manner.
21. Communicates positively and effectively in a team approach with co-workers within and outside the department.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High School graduate.
- Washington State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- IV Experience desired, not mandatory.