***Please note: this position is for internal candidates only***
Responsible for the day to day coordination of services provided by the Obstetrics/Women's Health departments. Is accountable for promoting efficient, high quality, patient-centered care. Plans, organizes and directs department activity. Works closely with the Service Line Director and Practice Manager on department activities and serves as a resource, educator, and role model to department staff. Provides direct patient care as needed.
1. Role models professionalism within the department.
2. Collaborates with the Director/Practice Manager to determine daily and ongoing staffing needs.
3. Works closely with the clinical support staff to effectively schedule patients based skill level of staff and patient need/acuity.
4. Responds to patient/family needs via phone/visit when primary nurse is not available, or in times of high patient volumes.
5. Supports and effectively utilizes staff members' technical specialties and skills.
6. Provide RN services specific to department e.g. IV infusions, NSTs.
7. Provides education/mentoring opportunities for new and existing staff that will improve their delivery of direct patient care.
8. Supervises the orientation of new clinical and support staff including: developing an orientation plan, creating and monitoring orientation schedule, and auditing EMR for correct documentation.
9. Organizes and participates in educational programs.
· Identifies learning needs and professional self-improvement needs for clinical staff.
· Organizes educational opportunities for staff on a formal/informal basis.
· Identifies teaching material needs for patients and staff.
· Participates in staff meetings.
10. Participates in the development of skills in clinical staff: assists the Director and Practice Manager in developing, presenting, and implementing changes in agency practice, including annual competencies.
11. Attends educational opportunities specific to department skills, and present learned information to pertinent staff members.
12. Maintains a high standard of professional responsibility and performance.
· Consistently provides nursing care with level 4 clinical competency.
· Provides effective health teaching to patients and families.
· Is a knowledgeable clinical resource.
13. Proficient in current Electronic Medical Record system.
14. Provides input in updating policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Assists in updating policies, procedures, and guidelines annually.
· Assists with writing new policies, procedures, and guidelines as indicated.
· Updates staff on accepted standards, and monitors compliance by staff in collaboration with the Director, Clinical Manager and Quality Specialist.
15. Works with support services and community resources to achieve high quality of care for patients and their families.
16. Demonstrates professional commitment through completion of lean training, and assists staff in determining and implementing Every Day Lean Ideas (ELIs).
17. Responsible for providing input in yearly evaluations of office and clinical staff.
18. Participates in the interview and hiring process for new staff.
19. Assists the Director and Practice Manager with meeting budgetary compliance as evidenced by monitoring and enforcing productivity standards of clinical staff, minimizing overtime and problem-solving with clinical staff on day to day workflow.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- 2 years of outpatient primary care nursing experience.
- Current Washington State RN license.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Teaching abilities.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.